Caja de Muertos Island Beach Adventure
Island Venture takes you to the island of Caja de Muertos aboard a 65’ power catamaran the “Island Flyer”. To enjoy a Nature Reserve called Playa Pelicano. During your trip, you will be able to enjoy a sumptuous deli-style lunch buffet and refreshments aboard the catamaran.
Caja de Muertos is a perfect day escape with a loved one, a family beach day or invite your coworkers for a change of scenery and enjoy the adventure of this unique island and Natural Reserve!
- Caja de Muertos Island has a beautiful and pristine white sand beach called “Playa Pelicano” was awarded the first Blue Flag award location at a Natural Reserve in the Caribbean. Blue Flag is a certification by the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) that a beach, marina or sustainable boating tourism operator meets its stringent standards.) Snorkeling in crystal clear waters and reefs that surround the island is a MUST. The island is a wonderful destination for beach and nature lovers seeking to experience the pleasures of an uninhabited island.
- A Museum, where you can learn about the history of the island, an in-depth review of the flora, fauna and marine life that inhabits the island, as well as learning on the marine turtles (Tinglar and Carey) an endangered species that visit the island yearly. You will also learn on the historic uses by pirates to hide their treasures on the Island, as well as the clandestine meetings of Masons on its beautiful shores.
- Nestled on the highest point of the island you can visit a historic 1887 lighthouse. You are not allowed to enter for your safety, however you may walk around the perimeter of the lighthouse to admire its unique architecture. The real reward is the majestic views from the observation tower.
*DON’T FORGET YOUR WATER SHOES IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO TAKE ON THE ADVENTURE
Your Caja de muertos island Tour includes:
- Lunch buffet with options for all
- Unlimited use of the inflatable waterpark
- Beverages, including local beer
- Quality snorkeling equipment for all ages
- Floating devices
- Swim platforms where our guest have easy access to the water
- Spacious shaded cabin
- Kayak and Paddleboard for common use
- Restrooms aboard
- Lighthouse guided tour (Available based on request)
* Children under 4 of age, pregnant and person with back or neck injury are not allowed
What to bring aboard caja de muertos island beach Adventure:
When cruising the waters of Ponce aboard the Island Flyer Catamaran you will enjoy warm temperatures along with spectacular views of Ponce and the south side of the island of Puerto Rico.
That’s why we recommend bringing on board:
- Waterproof Camera, GoPro Camera or Cell Phone with waterproof cover with a good amount of battery to take pictures aboard.
- Sunblock: We are in the Caribbean and with the Warm Temperatures year round its always good to be protected against the Sun.
- Sunglasses and/or Hat
- Comfortable Water Shoes and Casual Clothes
- Personal Towel
- If you’re planning to do the Lighthouse Hike please bring outdoor shoes
Tour Site Information:
This tours departs from La Guancha in Ponce, Puerto Rico at 9:30am please be on site 30 minutes before your Trip for check-inn Process. We are located in the middle of the Boardwalk, look for our signs that says Welcome to Caja de Muertos. If you have any questions about the boarding process or regarding your reservation please contact us at +1 (787) 860-3434.
This old style schooner lends a bit of character to your tour of Old San Juan from the waters point of view. The crew were very friendly, professional, full of information, and were very attentive to making sure all aboard were comfortable. The ship was stocked with sodas, water, rum drinks, and beer, which was perfect for the length of this tour (1.5-2hrs). Despite its size, it is a substantial vessel in weight, so any rocking (even on high wind days) due to waves was not pronounced. The seating areas was covered by a shade screen, so even on hot days, it was quite comfortable. We will be doing this again in our next visit to Old San Juan.
An incredible experience on a great vessel with the most amazing staff that knew all the ins and outs of old San Juan.
Our sunset cruise on the Amazing Grace was indeed amazing! Everyone was friendly and the crew was made up of skilled sailors who were equally good hosts! The ship is a topsail schooner designed to resemble ships used in the late 1700s and early 1800s. The ship’s cement hull makes it heavier, slower, and more stable than similar ships made from wood. The sunset cruise has a much greater selection of beverages than the daytime cruises, and appetizers are served. We were each served a slider and fish cake, and then a member of the crew brought around a tray of cured meats (salami, prosciutto. etc.) & various cheeses. These went well with the adult beverages we were enjoying! Another benefit of the sunset cruise is the time of day – the cooler evening temperature was more comfortable than what we had experienced earlier in the day while touring Old San Juan. I HIGHLY recommend the sunset cruise on the Amazing Grace!
This tour was a great way to end our vacation in PR! The topsail schooner was clean and had comfortable seating, but no back rests.
The children all received plastic swords, handkerchief and eye patches upon arrival.
The staff is knowledgeable and personable! This tour has everything you need for an enjoyable cruise around San Juan. They serve drinks/food to you so you don’t have to move around the boat. (Yes, they have a bathroom onboard, but it’s down in the cabin area). Several choices in beverages and then as we headed back in we were offered tapas; such as beef or veggie slider, veggie or fish empanada, a tray of various meats/cheeses.
Of course the sunset was beautiful!!!
My fiancé and I went on a sunset cruise with both our families. The staff was friendly, the small children and adults both enjoyed their time, and the experience created a great memory with friends and family! I had high expectations, but it surpassed them!
This really was a very nice experience. The crew was amazingly nice and friendly. The drinks and food were great and the scenery was beautiful. One of the sailors was ridiculously hot looking too. Lol. Anyways…..everything was clean and comfortable. Defenitely worth the price. They do a really great job making riders happy and they are informative.
This was a fun evening sunset sail on a neat sailboat. The staff was funny, kind, and knowledgeable. We sailed very close to the 500 year old fort El Morro and they gave us a history of the surrounding area and Puerto Rico. They took pride in sailing and sharing the history of Puerto Rico. They served a variety of drinks and then on the way back from El Morro served sliders and empanadas. There was nice music too.
We did the sunset sail with friends. Loved it. Met some nice people, nice drinks and appetizers. Great way to see the fort!! My favorite excursion!!
My husband and I truly enjoyed the sunset sail. The tour is suitable for anyone. There were other couples, families, and groups of friends. And everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.The crew was extremely polite, personable, and accommodating. They played music throughout and stopped to give a brief history lesson. While sailing back, you were able to watch the sunset. The drinks were unlimited. They had water, Coke products, and alcohol. My husband and I do not drink, and the bartender was nice enough to offer making any of the drinks without alcohol. They also served appetizers. It’s just a few tastings of local food, so don’t expect to be full afterwards. Which we anticipated, and had a nice dinner in old San Juan right after. Being on our honeymoon, it was a beautiful and peaceful tour and a nice way to start our evening.
I was a little bit thrown off by the pirate ship like appearance! Boy was I wrong! This wonderful boat and fantastic crew take you around part of the island touring and educating from the beginning of times of PR to present day interests! The drinks, appetizers and music are amazing! Vegan options available as well! A definite must see and do while in Puerto Rico! Pier 1 near the cruise ship port, across from Domino’s Pizza. It’s worth every penny!!!
The crew was excellent, made us feel welcome, like we were the only 2 people there. Will visit again and again!
The view from the sunset cruise was great. The crew kept everyone comfortable with drinks, food, music, history flowing. Great sunset!
My boyfriend and I were visiting for my birthday and went out. The crew was great, the drinks were good and it was 90 minutes of fun and history.
Had a nice relaxing sail. Took many pictures of the seaside view of El Morrow and the remaining gate in the wall to enter Puerto Rico. Almost forgot to mention, strong and refreshing fruit punch on board.
Loved this cruise. It was our first excursion of our trip. We loved it. The crew was great. The views were awesome. Food super.
The San Juan sunset tour was an amazing experience. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The boat was clean and beautiful and OMG the San Juan Bay and city is breathtaking. It’s so romantic and perfect for amazing pictures and video of the sunset.
The sea breeze, the sunset, the crew, the captain, the scenery, the food and the drinks were all awesome! HIGHLY recommended as one of the best things to do in Old San Juan. Kristi’s mojito’s are the best you’ll find on the island!
Our family of 4 truly loved this sailing experience on our February winter vacation in San Juan! They answered all of our questions about local history and the vessel itself, and the crew showed great interest in our backgrounds, too! There was a newlywed couple on the ship that night and they were treated like royalty by the crew and passengers! It was totally a dream night with great food (ordered from a local restaurant in town) and a beautiful sunset. If you’re looking to escape the cruise ship crowds on land, this is the sailing expedition for you!